Moving into 2013 I wanted to share who in 2012 I’ve been following and what sites have been huge in my development as a web person. No particular order in these.
- CSStricks.com and Chris Coyier – Chris has so much awesome info on his site it’s one of my go to places for a frontend type issue. He raised an impression amount of money with his kickstarter project and has created an awesome set of videos demonstrating his workflow for creating a wordpress site.
- Railscasts.com – I’ve followed Ryan Bates site for quite a long time as I try to enter Rails ninjahood. I got a PRO subscription this year to thank him for his hard work and I suggest you do the same.
- Scott Berkun – Scott is a former Microsoft guy who has authored some great books. He has great blog posts worth throwing into your RSS. He spent the last year as a manager at WordPress.com and is currently writing a book about his experience there.
- SugarRae.com – One of the top affiliate marketing personalities out there, she has an incredible story and a great blog.
- Avinash Kausick – This really should be at the top of the list. Avinash is the Google Analytics Evangelist and former BI head at Intuit. I met him at Mozcon 2011 and he has to be one best presenters I’ve seen, let alone the most entertaining. He heightened my passion of analytics considerably.
- Peepcode.com – Geoffrey is a Seattle/UW guy like myself and has created an incredible company creating top notch screencasts.
- StackOverflow.com – StackOverflow in my mind epitomizes what is awesome about being a developer: a community completely dedicated to helping others in the field and helping people learn. Nobody cares who you work for or whether you are a competitor. I’m astonished at the amount of time people spend on there helping others; I’ve seen answers that must have taken hours to write.
There are others like Signal vs. Noise but the above are the ones that I get me excited when I see them popup in my RSS feed.